Blowball – E‑commerce
Online Store for Shoe Retailer
Blowball is a large Slovakian shoe manufacturer and retailer with the primary focus on the domestic market. EXISTEK was hired to help the client to bring the business online and build easy to maintain, attractive, and user-friendly E-commerce store.
React, Redux, Node.js, AWS
4 months, 2 developers and 1 designer
Blowball approached EXISTEK with the task to build their overall online presence, and E-commerce platform in particular, from scratch. Before the start of this project, Blowball was working as a purely offline retailer and haven’t used even the bare minimum of E-commerce tools, like having a catalog of the products.
One of the main client’s requirements was the simplicity of the website maintenance. Blowball’s staff should be able to easily manage and edit any part of the platform, ideally without the participation of the developers. At the same time, the online store should follow the main E-commerce principles. This means that the catalog has to be easy to navigate and has enough information and CTA techniques to stimulate visitors’ purchase decisions.
Wrapping out tasks up, we had to achieve a number of the following key objectives for this project:
- Develop a website map, product catalog, categories and the overall list of the functionality to help the client with performing online sales successfully
- Create an appealing design and brand-book for the online store
- Develop custom CMS tailored to unique customer’s needs
- Implement flexible search by product name, category, price, material, etc.
- Implement payment gateways and delivery services via APIs for checkout
For this project, our main task was to create bespoke Content Management Systems or E-commerce platform that would help them to keep a balance between appealing design user experience. The page visual editor that can be used by the staff with no programming skills was also important. Among other options, we come up with the custom CMS with Node.js on the back-end and React based front-end as the most reasonable choice to help Blowball achieve their goals and enter the online market. We created admin panel and toolkit that has the user-friendly HTML5 visual editor that has become a perfect tool for their needs. It allowed retailer’s employees to create landing pages, catalog items, special offer pages using the templates pre-designed by us or even to build the pages from scratch.
Business analysis, UX, and UI teams created the overall appearance of the online store. As the final stage of the project, we integrated PayPal, Visa, Mastercard payment services and embedded AnyVan and Logispro delivery services.
Below you’ll find the generalized list of the goals we’ve achieved for our client’s new online business:
- Created the E-commerce shop appearance and interface
- Introduced robust and easy to customize CMS with back-end on Node.js. One of its main distinctive features is the visual page constructor that is powered by React and provide users with a slick performance and responsive UX.
- Implemented the database with the extensive search functionality
- Integrated PayPal, Visa, and Mastercard payment services
- Leveraged AnyVan and Logispro APIs to provide users with the various delivery methods
- We built the website in accordance with the EU financial and personal data protection laws
After completion of the final stage, Blowball has the online store with end-to-end functionality to sell their own products and the goods of their partners. Leveraging simple yet trendy appearance we created E-commerce shop with the high conversion rate.
Besides that, the website admin panel is customized to be managed by non-technical staff, which helped Blowball to save a fortune on IT services and eliminate intermediates between them and their target audience. Now Blowball marketing and sales departments can adjust website sections to quickly adapt to the users’ behavior and needs thus increase online sales even further.